Whilst trying to fix something else, I just found a bug in the campaign capture code. It looks like when you capture a fighter squadron of 12 ships, it gives you 12 squadrons of 16 ships instead. Then when you fight with them again, they end up squads of 120 fighter ships each somehow…

Methinks this is a bug, although it’s quite a fun one :D Also interesting to see how easily the game coped with the fighter squad size limit being exceeded. That must just be a GUI limit then, which is interesting. maybe I’m not such a crap coder after all?

Campaign code is trundling along. Slightly distracted by some work fixing Kudos: Rock Legend so it works with new video card drivers, plus planning on quietly making the crappy GSB hull editor usable at some point, and helping with the Mac port of GSB. (Yes, really it’s coming…)

6 Responses to “Ooops. Fighter Swarm”

1. Tim says:

I’m thinking an enemy fleet wouldn’t be lasting long under that sort of onslaught. Great screenshot, Cliff. :)

2. Hardy24 says:

” some point, and helping with the Mac port of GSB. (Yes, really it’s coming…)”

3. koloth says:

Do you know what you are planning on doing about people who want the Mac version and already own the PC one? Will it be a repurchase?

4. Christian says:

“… and helping with the Mac port of GSB. (Yes, really it’s coming…)”

if you could post more updates about the mac port process like you do for the campain stuff that would be nice.

however *dancing and waiting

5. Drewoid13 says:

I know I’m MAD late to this blog roll, but seriously, this is EPIC.

I’d love to see massive 120 fighter swarms blowing the crap out of each other. Even if its only enabled on one map, this would be epic…. :)

6. Kurt Werle says:

I would love more info on the mac port progress. Is there a place to look for information on that? Mac port rss feed, or anything?

Thanks!