A tiny little image

July 01, 2011 | Filed under: GAME FOUR

16 Responses to “A tiny little image”

1. For some reason, even though the perspective is totally wrong, I am immediately reminded of Crusader: No Remorse/Regret.

2. Keith LaMothe says:

Ok, that’s Ante-Collision-With-Tank, what’s the Post look like? ;)

Sorry, after Red Alert that’s the first question I have to ask about infantry.

3. Michael says:

Looks like Commando from the ’80s, with better graphics.

4. Benji says:

I like it, that is actually really cool lookin’

5. Ocid says:

Thats minted cliff.

6. Pete says:

Oh please please please tell me this will be something like Take No Prisoners, Close Combat, or Alien Breed. Better yet, some mix of them all.

7. Matt says:

Ooh, shiny. Look forward to seeing more.

Though something has just occurred to me, something that is now bothering me:

Why is this ‘game four’?

I make this around the seventh Positech game? Even if you don’t count sequels, and just count Demoncracy 1/2 and Kudos 1/2 as one each, this is still game series five? The only way I make it number 4 is if you don’t count anything before Kudos 2, which I guess is what is being done as Kudos 2, Democracy 2 and GSB are the ‘headline’ games on the Positech website (with Democracy 1 not being mentioned at all).

Anyway, enough rambling, it just bothers me in that insanely nerdy way.

8. spillblood says:

Maybe it’s really a land battles version of GSB with tanks. But I hope it’ll allow more control over the battles than GSB. The soldier in the picture definitely looks a bit futuristic which may hint at a sci fi landbattles game.

9. CptFox says:

Perhaps its set in the same universe?

10. kone says:

Woah Gary!

Crusader: No Remorse/Regret – one of my all time favs!!
    The Title melody alone was worth it :-) .
    I never understood why there are no fanclubs… :-)

As for the sprite: Nice nice…
    Hopefully he will climb into some tanks somewhen…
    It’s good to have a little bit of extra skin in those rough times…

11. Anvilfolk says:

Can’t believe noone said storm trooper… and I’m not even a star wars fan!

12. Eich says:

Omg I thougt GTB would go WWII but no! This definitly looks like JinRoh! So we may expect an future / alternate timeline game! Sweet! ;)

13. Knave says:

Take a look at the next spoiler image :)

14. JD says:

@Knave

Oh yeah, I forgot about the domain names.

Me like :-)

15. Watsong says:

I’ll mention this now, before the game is even released:

If a tank has smoke launchers, I expect it to be able to use them, if ordered to do so.

16. Chris says:

Reminds me of my days trying to beat the first level of ‘Into the Eagle’s Nest’ on the C64 :-)