So yay! It’s that exciting time again, it’s PATCH TIME. What is in this version? Here are the highlights… <drumroll!>
- Default ship designs added for all Zyrtari ships!
- Subtle fill-bars behind variables when looking at a module stats now show immediately how that stat compares with others of the same size class.
- Fixed a lot of bunched-up dreadnought turret GUI things.
- Fixed some horrible bugs where composites got scrambled
- Also fixed thing where layers below the hull were forgotten about.
- Fixed a pesky ‘design vanishes’ bug.
- Spatial anomalies are now added to missions!
- Default engagement ranges now more sensible…
- Shield resistance of most shield modules reduced.
- Support for French, Spanish and German!
Plus there are a load of minor tweaks, adjustments and fixes, including some performance tweaks. There are likely still two more patches before release day, and the final one is likely to be pure polish/optimization. (and possibly some module tweaking for balance).
Here is a screenshot showing what I mean about showing relative values of variables:
I think that makes things clearer than asking people to click on a variable and view the comparison chart.
And here is proof that the translations (first pass at them) are in!
(Hopefully that makes sense in Spanish?). On a related note. I’d like a sanity check on the translation in general, so if you speak Spanish, German or French, if you go the steam store page for the game (you still can’t buy it yet) which is here. You should be able to change language at the top right from your account to those 3 languages. Does it all look ok to you?
If you have already bought GSB2 from our website here, then you should get a patch download kick in either today or tomorrow. If you can’t wait,. or it won’t trigger, then just re-download the game using your original download link.
And tell your friends to grab a copy!