ChildBenefit has an effect with the number "0.0.5"
DeathPenalty has an effect which is not correctly formatted according to the modding guide: "Religious-0.06-(0.06*x)", it's probably supposed to say "Religious,0.06-(0.06*x)"
This means I have broken the error handling of the tool somewhat so that it still works, and I'm probably gonna stop working on it soon. As soon as I decide to stop, I will release the source files.
In order to encourage modding I've begun developing a modding tool for Democracy 3, which will provide a user interface for creating mods, hopefully making it more intuitive for modders. It allows you to create policies, simulations, situations and events, and observe their effects on the game. To use the mod in the game, simply export it to the mod folder of Democracy 3.
The application can be downloaded at http://coredumping.com/random/Democracy3Modder.zip.
I'ts a ~650KB zip file containing some binaries, of which Democracy3Modder.exe is the one to open. Chrome will probably block it, so you'll have to manually approve the download. If it is of any comfort, I can promise you that it does not contain any malware.
The application requires .NET 4, and therefore Windows XP or later. You can download this here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872.
The application also requires you have Democracy 3 installed and will ask for the installation folder on startup.
Here's a list of things I want to do before I call it quits, There might be far between updates and some might not happen at all, but I will strive to at least get the first six done.
- Make effect operator font size bigger in dropdownmenus - Done
- Merge input/output lists using a treeview - Done
- Add hidden tab control, to show situation/simulation/policy specific controls when selected, instead of all over the place - Done
- Add income/cost equations to effects tree when policy selected - Done
- Add flags to policy editor tab: None, UNCANCELLABLE, MULTIPLYINCOME - Done
- Add emotions to simulation editor tab: HIGHBAD, HIGHGOOD, UNKNOWN - Done
- Add label on effect lines with the effect's numerical value to SimulationView - Done
- Downgrade to .NET 4 to add Windows XP support - Done
- Add grudge editor with graph
- Globalize possible target names across entire tool - Done
- Refactor effect editing by creating effect control - Done
- Add events - Done
- Add .ogg playback - Done
- Add dilemmas - Partially done
- Add slider editor
- Add effect direct input
- Add country editor