So, my little side project (not so little any more…) showmethegames has been converted to wordpress. You probably can’t tell, it looks exactly the same, but what this means is…
- submitting a new game (still done by me) is much easier
- Submitting an article (done by dan) is TONS easier
- It has comments!
- It has endless-scrolling!
All of these are GOOD THINGS. For those new to this blog, SMTG is my indie-promoting site that acts as a database of cool, high quality indie games you can buy direct from the developer. You can get almost all of them from Steam or GoG too, but we like competition, so we support multiple payment options for gamers.
What I need is… MORE GAMES. The requirements are pretty simple:
- Game must be high quality. Something that actually sells. If it’s not going to sell 100 copies, it’s probably just your first game, and thats *fine*, but not what the site is aimed at.
- Game must be available from you, thew developer, through any payment system (Humble widget, BMTMicro, PayPal, fast-spring) in some format, not a portal-exclusive.
- It must be finished and on sale, not a kickstarter, early access game. And currently not a F2P game, sorry :D
- PC only.
If your game fits all those criteria and it isn’t already on there, email cliff AT positech dot co dot uk with this…
- Game Title
- Game Description (about 100 words)
- Game Genre
- 445pixel width screenshot of the game in jpg format, the best one you have to summarize how the game plays
- A single ‘feature image’ of dimensions 740px by 356 in jpg format
- A website URL
- A demo URL, if available.
- A purchase URL
- A contact email (not published)
And I’ll add it. What’s in it for me? NOTHING. I just like supporting indie games. What does it cost you? NOTHING. How much traffic will it generate? err…some, but it will be veyr targeted and high quality.
If you are looking for something else to read now, go read dans summary of adventure games on the site.